Reports To: Team Leader
This position performs a variety of landscape activities, such as planting, weeding, digging, spreading topsoil and other materials, general lawn maintenance, seasonal lawn preparation. The team members operate lawn mowers and related equipment such as blowers, weed eaters, edgers, hedge trimmers, and other related tools.
- Performs planting and related activities.
- Performs routine lawn maintenance including grass cutting, lawn edging, weed pulling, and other routine lawn-maintenance activities. Uses lawn mower and related equipment.
- Provides seasonal lawn care, such as spring and fall leaf clean-up.
- Moves materials and equipment and performs related duties to assist in landscaping and hardscaping if needed.
- Digs holes and trenches and excavates for hardscaping features using picks and shovels or related equipment if needed.
- Hauls or spreads topsoil, gravel, sand, mulch, or related materials using wheelbarrows and rakes, if needed.
- Hand-finishes grade, and apply seed, straw, or sod.
- Performs routine construction tasks, such as building forms for concrete using hand tools, if needed.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies the team leader of needed repairs.
- Responds politely to client inquiries and projects a professional image.
Team Member 2
- Reports to work at the required time and performs duties as assigned by the team leader.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including the work site and equipment.
- Loads equipment and materials on and off trucks and trailers.
Knowledge and Experience
- A high school degree or GED is preferred. Experience in the landscaping field is also preferable.
- Candidate must be able to read and write.
The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions
The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
The employee will work closely with members of the team and team leader.